Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sprint finally made some kinda iPhone killer

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!!!!!!

Now on to the tech!

A couple weeks ago I used my Sprint upgrade to buy an HTC EVO 4G about one week after it’s release. My wife wasn’t too pleased with the idea at first, but after I bought it I let her play with it for one night, and now she hates her Palm Pre and absolutely demands that I buy her an Evo. I will make this brief since I have several things to speak about.
-It’s fast. Very fast. It’s 1GHz SnapDragon processor combined with Android 2.1 and HTC Sense 2.1 overlaid on it makes the device absolutely seamless in just about every task.
-The 8MP camera on the back takes absolutely gorgeous pictures, and the 1.3MP camera is good for video chat, though it’s a feature I have yet to even use.
-The 4.3 inch screen just makes me a happier person. Anything I want to do, from web browsing to texting to writing blog posts (The last blog post I wrote was made using the Android OS with Docs To GO), a big screen is more a bonus than anything.
-Whether you love Android or hate it, no one should shun its absolute versatility, for when you need it. I have already tethered with my phone with my computer and used the internet, albeit at slower speeds than I’m used to, it’s useful in a pinch. I also have used Google Navigation to find my way around Orlando. Heck, I used my Evo with Google Navigation the ENTIRE way from Xenia, OH to Orlando , FL. It took 18 hours and was very hectic (got lost only once in Atlanta).
- Multi-Tasking is a giant benefit. If I am not using the navigation, surfing the web, or listening to podcasts, the ability to switch between any of them at any time is just awesome.

In short, everything you read is probably the same across the board no matter what cell phone review site you go to. It’s an awesome device capable of many things. If you have Sprint and are ok with the $10 premium data plan, I say go for broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment