Monday, January 11, 2010

Crap, I think I'm an Apple Kid.

So there I am, getting ready for another hardy day at work, when I remember that CES (Consumer Electronics Show) is still going on, so of course like most tech junkies I wanna hear about it in podcast form. To the Archos 5 I go to download the latest Buzz-Out-Loud. Everything seemed to be going smoothly until the Archos 5 refused to actually download the podcast. Thinking it was a fluke, I tried to download another podcast called Stuff You Should Know. The Archos 5 failed to do that, and then restarted the whole device when I tried to play an older podcast. This, as you may guess, was the final straw.
The main reason I got the Archos 5 was as a media usage, so when the device fails me in that area, then Android operating system be danged, the tablet had to go. So, if you've been following the blog so far, my Zune gave out because Microsoft refuses to update the Zune Marketplace, and now my Archos 5 which didn't support podcats out the box and I had to find a halfway decent podcast app, now doesn't play podcasts. I have been avoiding this since day one, and now the decision was made...yes, that's right. I bought an Apple iPod Touch.
Here's the thing, I have always said "fu** you" to most Apple products because Steve Jobs has convinced the world that Apple only makes premium products, thus they can charge, hmmm, whatever they want for the products these make. That makes anyone that buys into this sales pitch an "Apple Kid".
In example, a new Mac Book Pro: $2400, a new Windows 7 laptop with the same specs: at least $1500 to $1800. This is the same account for most Apple products, that being the "premium" tag never leaves. So, being a price-concious tech-junkie, I typically stay away from what I believe to be over-priced products.
End point, this was $200, my former Archos 5 was $250. Hypocrite is me. But....I admit...this is one of the best consumer electronic devices I have ever used. Yes, I realize I'm late to the Apple game, so no, this isn't a review, but rather a confession of how innovative this device is. The music loads seamlessly (I had problem with iTunes at first, but then I reloaded it and it works great now), the podcasts load effortlessly so long as WiFi is going, the capacitive touchscreen is bar none the best one I have evr used, and finally the UI is nothing short of genius. In short, I am now a believer in certain Apple products as the iPod Touch is absolutely genius.

I still will never buy a Mac, though

No comments:

Post a Comment